The AerobTec Altis V4+ is innovated version of Altis v4. It brings new sensor, OLED display and other improvements.
The AerobTec Altis v4+ is a barometric altimeter designed especially to record altitude of flying R/C aircraft with additional competition functionality, integrated OLED display and additional telemetry functionality. These functions are based on rules of F5J FAI and Altitude limiting competitions such as ALES, FxJ or LMR. It has very small dimensions and a low weight. The supplied application Altis Flight Manager cannot only read the information from the device and save it to the computer in various formats but it can display it in an advanced graph and process the flight information in many ways.
Note: information on Altis v4+site are valid also for regular Altis v4 unless stated otherwise
- Memory: 3.9MB (approx. 15 hour record with 0.1s sampling)
- Sample time: 0.1 – 25.5s (user selectable with step 0.1s)
- Dimensions: 20 x 33 x 6.5mm, cable length approx. 10cm
- Weight: 8g with JR cable
- Power supply range: 4 – 12.6V
- – altitude
- – voltage
- – temperature
- – throttle
- Compatible with all existing competition rules (FAI F5J, ALES, etc.)
- OLED display (configurable screen)
- Telemetry support for Jeti model®, Multiplex® M-Link, Graupner® HOTT, Futaba® SBUS2*, FrSky® S.Port*
- Upgradeable firmware
- Integrated USB
- Altis Flight Manager software for Windows
*)only with Telemetry Converter
- PC Application
Altis Flight Manager
F5J FAI Firmware v5.5
F5J Greek Firmware v7.2
RCEV Firmware v8.1
- User manual
ARMT014 Altis v4
ARMT015 Altis v4+
- Testing report
AerobTec Altis v4
AerobTec Altis v4+
Altis – Spectrum Interface by Raymond Domingo
- I was updating my Altis v4+ and it does not function anymore. It was OK before.
Probably the process of firmware upgrade was not done in the right way. Connect your Altis v4+ to the computer and wait. In 30 – 150 seconds it should appear on the PC as a disk drive. If the display does not show anything, probably a backup firmware is active and you should run the firmware update again. A new firmware should show its version on the display during its initialization. If there is the new version active, the update has been finished. Otherwise run the update again. Please follow the instruction on the screen during update.
- I see the height on the graph increasing to several meters during a test on the ground. Is Altis v4+ broken?
No. The barometric pressure depends on the weather. Sometimes it can change variations of several meters in the measured height. Other cause can be a heated Altis v4+ . Do not put Altis v4+ near hot objects in your fuselage.
- My Altis v4+ measures F5J height even if do not start the motor. After power on, the F5J height is discarded.
This might be caused by too high zero throttle level. In such case Altis v4+ considers the signal to correspond to switched on motor.. Please check the zero throttle level in your radio system. It must be set bellow 1200 μs.
- When I fly with Altis v4+ and stop the motor, it is not stopped and propeller continues spinning slowly. When I fly without Altis v4+, the motor break runs correctly.
Try to set fixed endpoints on your ESC.