The AerobTec Altis Micro is a barometric altimeter designed especially to record altitude of flying R/C aircraft with additional competition functionality, very small dimensions and weigth and additional telemetry functionality. These functions are based on rules of F5J FAI and Altitude limiting competitions such as ALES, FxJ, RCEV, LMR or ALOT. The supplied application Altis Flight Manager cannot only read the information from the device and save it to the computer in various formats but it can display it in an advanced graph and process the flight information in many ways.
- Memory : 3.9MB (more than 15 hour record with 0.1s sample rate, logging altitude, voltage, temperature, throttle in)
- Sample time : 0.1 – 25.5s (user selectable in 0.1s steps)
- Dimensions : 30 x 14 x 7mm, Cable length approx. 7cm
- Weight : 4.7g with JR cable
- Power supply range : 4 – 8.4V
- Logging : altitude, voltage, temperature, throttle input and output
- Conforms to all existing competition rules (FAI F5J, ALES, etc.) – for some competitions AerobTec Device Terminal is required as a display element
- LED for indication of state
- Telemetry support for Jeti Duplex EX®, Multiplex® M-Link, Graupner® Hott
- Upgradeable firmware
- AerobTec Altis Flight manager software for Windows
- I was updating my Altis Micro and it does not function anymore. It was OK before.
Probably the process of firmware upgrade was not done in the right way. Connect your Altis Micro to the computer and wait. The new firmware should be upgrading. It is indicated by flashing with increasing pulse length. Within 30 – 150 seconds it should appear on the PC as a disk drive. In some cases backup firmware can be activated. The backup firmware is indicated by combination of short and long flashes ( . – . – . – . – . – . – ). In this case run the firmware upgrade again. If the firmware upgrade was finished successfully, your Altis Micro should run in a USB mode indicated by long flashes (- – – -). Please follow the instruction on the screen during update.
- I see the height on the graph increasing to several meters during a test on the ground. Is my Altis Micro broken?
No. The barometric pressure depends on the weather. Sometimes it can change variations of several meters in the measured height. Other cause can be a heated Altis Micro. Do not put Altis Micro near hot objects in your fuselage.
- My Altis Micro measures F5J height even if do not start the motor. After power on, the F5J height is discarded.
This might be caused by too high zero throttle level. In such case Altis Micro considers the signal to correspond to switched on motor.. Please check the zero throttle level in your radio system. It must be set bellow 1200μs.
- When I fly with Altis Micro and stop the motor, it is not stopped and propeller continues spinning slowly. When I fly without Altis Micro, the motor break runs correctly.
Try to set fixed endpoints on your ESC.
- 5000 fade